Artificial Turf Maintenance
Although artificial turf is much less maintenance than normal turfgrass, there are still some suggestions to keep your turf in tip-top shape. Following these simple steps can help your turf looking good while extending the life and performance of your turf.
- Weekly: leaf blower or
- Monthly: hard-bristle broom (non-metal).
- Weekly: Light washing to clear of dust and
- Monthly: deep
Pups and Poops
- Pickup debris as usual (baggie or scooper) and hose down immediately after
- Weekly rinsing with cleansing deodorizers to help reduce odors and improve
- Spray / apply an artificial turf safe deodorizer such as BioTurf, SCOE 10X, Odormute, Odoban, and other similar
- Apart from cleanliness, the turf has a natural grain direction. To maintain the upright appearance, brush your lawn encourages the grass blades to stay upright. Use a broom or a handled brush (non-metal) to groom against the
- Artificial turf is naturally stain-resistant.
- Tougher stains: use mild soap with water and scrub (or water and equal parts vinegar).
- Cigarettes, charcoal embers, fireworks, fire, and other heat producing
- Oils, grease, motor oil (and keep lawn equipment away from these substances!).
- Sunflower seeds, chewing gum, or tobacco
- Best option: brush / sweep snow away or let melt
- Heavy snow: shovel just the top layers, then brush the remaining
- Be mindful of turf seams / edges by careful shoveling of adjacent patios and
- Shovels: plastic or rubberized
- Salt: not