Enjoy the Chicago summers with the help of a storylike outdoor living area. We can bring to life your vision of the perfect outdoor leisure area so you can enjoy it with your friends and family for years to come.
We offer full-service outdoor construction and landscape design serviced, so, no matter if you want a grilling area, a deck or a full-blown high-end outdoor kitchen, we got you covered.
Our services are virtually risk-free, from the initial free quote and professional project management done with the help of 3D renderings to industry leading warranties.
What Are Outdoor Living Areas
An outdoor living area, sometimes also called outdoor room is a leisure area meant to combine backyard activities with indoor comforts. It can be anything from a gazebo to a family dining area.
Usually, outdoor living area serve one or more specific purposes such as:
- Leisure and relaxation
- Playing games
- Hosting social gatherings
- Protect from the elements
How Much Space Do I Need For An Outdoor Living Area
Just as for indoor rooms, you do not need huge spaces to put together an exquisite outdoor room. Through the expert blending of beauty and functionality, a good landscape designer can use plants, trees and flowers together with hardscape elements such as a water fountain to create unique areas.
Outdoor Room Types
Your outdoor living areas need to work together with the rest of the landscape. They need to complement each other, direct the traffic with the help of pathways and delight the eye by adding more visual weight to the area.
Usually, an indoor room is defined by its purpose. Outdoor rooms can serve more purposes, such as a kitchen with a grill and brick oven that also doubles as a bar area. Here are a few examples of outdoor rooms, based on their application:
- Outdoor living rooms
- Outdoor kitchens
- Outdoor bars
- Outdoor dining rooms
- Outdoor bedrooms
- Rooftop terraces
- Pavilions and pool pavilions
- Entertainment rooms
- ‘Man caves’
- Courtyards with seating and leisure areas
- Rustic rooms
Benefits Of Outdoor Living Areas
There are a lot of benefits to having an outdoor living area:
- A social purpose – you can spend more leisure time with your friends and family
- Get some rest and relaxation – you can escape the day to day life with the help of your backyard oasis
- Utilize the space around you house better – you might be able to free up some space indoors as a result
- Add value and desirability to your house – if you ever decide to sell it, you can do it faster and command a higher price
Outdoor Living Area Styles
Usually, the style of such an area is determined based on a few factors:
- The personality and the architectural style of the house
- The wishes of the owner
- The available area
- The desired purpose(s) of the outdoor room
- Existing landscape features
From rooms that complement Japanese gardens to southwestern styles, our landscape designers can put together a seamless project and make it look like your small slice of paradise has always been there.